I am a software engineer experienced in the application of technology and data engineering to improve process and individual experience. This includes both the application of technology in established systems and applying new capabilities to help services become more reliable and consistent. Along with building and maintaining systems I am passionate about teaching, mentoring and giving back to the community.
- Senior Software Engineer - September 2019 to Present
- Collaborate with Data Scientist to transform unstructured member and provider data into structured datasets, deploy NLP models and better integrate software engineers and data scientist.
- Senior Software Engineer- April 2019 to August 2019
- Build out the Elastic Cloud GCP Marketplace billing integration.
- Senior Software Engineer - January 2017 to March 2019
- Collaborate with Data Scientist focused on provider patient insights to help modernize software/model development practices, expand software engineering integration and buildout supporting Python services and packages.
- Analytic Developer - July 2015 to January 2017
- Lead the development and expansion of SIU Fraud data integration, reporting and analysis.
- Senior Analytic Consultant - January 2014 to July 2015
- Partner with clients in retail and consumer airline industries to build out or expand analytic capabilities via the MS BI stack.
- Developer - November 2012 to January 2014
- Responsible for building a variety of front end web and cli tools for clients using C#.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Information Technologies, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY, August 2011
- MCSD Web Applications
- UT.6.10x: Embedded Systems
- Python, C#, C, Rust, SQL, bash
- SQL Server, Postgres, Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Netezza
- git, gdb, Linux, docker, Jupyter
- Software Architecture, Software Testing, Pair Programming, CI/CD
Volunteer and Open Source Experience
- Code Louisville
- Apache Arrow
- Firefox Mobile
- Python for Embedded Systems, DerbyPy Louisville KY 2019
- What is ODBC, DerbyPy, Louisville KY March 2019
- Intro to PySpark, DerbyPy, Louisville KY October 2018
- Python Modules and Packages, Derby Py, Louisville KY September 2018
- Column Oriented Data, DerbyPy, Louisville KY June 2018
- Hackaday Connected World Contest - Connected Roomba
- Humana Star Award 2018 - Data Engineering
- Best Buy Star Award 2010 - P&L Logistics