I am a software engineer that enjoys working on projects that let people experience and interact with technology in new and unique ways. I have experience in a variety of date oriented domains, distributed system and embedded applications. Along with building and maintaining systems I am passionate about teaching, mentoring and giving back to the community.
- Senior Software Engineer - September 2019 to Present
- Collaborate with Data Scientist to transform unstructured member and provider data into structured datasets, deploy NLP models and better integrate software engineers and data scientist.
- Designed, built and deployed a system for orchestrating the profiling and measurement of OCR experiment accuracy and system performance.
- Collaborated on a project where we deployed the first FaaS application and ML model at Humana on Azure.
- Senior Software Engineer- April 2019 to August 2019
- Build out the Elastic Cloud GCP Marketplace billing integration.
- Senior Software Engineer - January 2017 to March 2019
- Collaborate with Data Scientist focused on provider patient insights to help modernize software/model development practices, expand software engineering integration and buildout supporting Python services and packages.
- Analytic Developer - July 2015 to January 2017
- Lead the development and expansion of SIU Fraud data integration, reporting and analysis.
- Senior Analytic Consultant - January 2014 to July 2015
- Partner with clients in retail and consumer airline industries to build out or expand analytic capabilities via the MS BI stack.
- Developer - November 2012 to January 2014
- Responsible for building a variety of front end web and cli tools for clients using C#.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Information Technologies, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY, August 2011
- MCSD Web Applications
- UT.6.10x: Embedded Systems
- Python, C#, C, Rust, SQL, bash
- SQL Server, Postgres, Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Netezza
- git, gdb, Linux, docker, Jupyter
- Software Architecture, Software Testing, Pair Programming, CI/CD
Volunteer and Open Source Experience
- Hardware Happy Hour Louisville
- Code Louisville
- Apache Arrow
- Firefox Mobile
- Intro to Circuit Playground Express, H3 Louisville, Louisville KY January 2020
- Python for Embedded Systems, DerbyPy Louisville KY 2019
- What is ODBC, DerbyPy, Louisville KY March 2019
- Intro to PySpark, DerbyPy, Louisville KY October 2018
- Python Modules and Packages, Derby Py, Louisville KY September 2018
- Column Oriented Data, DerbyPy, Louisville KY June 2018
- Hackaday Connected World Contest - Connected Roomba
- Humana Star Award 2018 - Data Engineering
- Best Buy Star Award 2010 - P&L Logistics